On-the-spot pelvic stability.
Approximately 20,000 pelvic fractures are reported in the United States annually. Up to 15% of these are “open-book” fractures—a significant source of blood loss and, if untreated, an injury with a mortality rate as high as 85%. Outside of a surgical environment, achieving ideal stabilization and reducing pain for an open-book pelvic fracture patient has been an extraordinary challenge. Until now.
(Currently unavailable in your country. Please contact Pyng for more information.)
The T-POD® Pelvic Stabilization Device from Pyng is a rapid and effective device for treating pelvic trauma, pain, and bleed-out while preventing loss of life. With its patented circumferential tightening mechanism, T-POD® is the only external fixation device shown in independent clinical studies to be equivalent to a surgical procedure in achieving stabilization, while also mitigating patient discomfort. T-POD® is used extensively by civilian first responders in motor vehicle accidents and by medics on the battlefield, especially in incidents involving improvised explosive devices.
- Complete: Specially engineered pulley system ensures even pelvic compression and stabilization
- Easy: Single-handed tightening with no straining
- Adjustable: One size fits most physiologies, easily trimmed for custom fit; two can be secured together for obese patients
- Flexible: Non-metal fabric belt
- Compatible: 100% radiolucent, X-ray, CT, and MRI compatible
- Safe: Latex-free