Research and Published Literature
Blood Flow Occlusion/Tourniquets
All of Pyng Medical’s established and many new products have been documented and reviewed in third-party publications, journals and research studies, as well as clinical data trials. On this page, you will find a comprehensive (though not complete) list of these articles, studies and trials:
*Note: Much of this literature refers to Pyng’s MAT product. Because both MATResponder & MATCombat are based on the original MAT design, this literature is still relevant to the new products.
- Doyle, GS, Tailac, PP, Tourniquets: A Review of Current Use with Proposals for Expanded Prehospital Use, Prehospital Emergency Care, 2008, 12:2, 241-256.
- Richey, SL, Tourniquets For The Control of traumatic hemorrhage: A Review of the Literature, World Journal of Surgery, 2007, 2:28.
- Kalish, J, et. al., The Return of Tourniquets, Journal of Emergency Medical Systems, 2008, AUG; 33:8, 44.
- American College of Surgeons, Advanced Trauma Life Support, ed 7, 2004, pp.16, 363.
- McSwain NE, Frame S, Salome JP (eds): PreHospital Trauma Life Support, ed 5 (revised), St. Louis, Elsevier Mosby,2005, pp 70, 383.
- Emergency war Surgery, 3rd US Revision, 2004, multiple authors and editors; Borden Institute, pp. 6.3-6.4.
- Combat Medical Field Reference, 2005, multiple authors and editors; Jones and Bartlett Publishers, pp. 49, 194.
- Walters, TJ, et. al., Issues related to the Use of Tourniquets on the Battlefield, Military Medicine, 2005, SEP; 170(9): 770-775.
- Kragh, JF, et. al., Practical Use of Emergency Tourniquets to Stop Bleeding in Major Limb Trauma, Journal of Trauma, 2008 FEB Supplement.
- Kragh, JF, et. al., Battle casualty Survival with Emergency Tourniquet to Stop Limb Bleeding, Journal of Emergency Medicine 2009, AUG 28.
- Kragh, JF, et. al., Survival with Emergency Tourniquet Use to Stop Bleeding in Major Limb Trauma, Annals of Surgery, 2009, JAN; 249(1):1-7.